Interested in Our Apprentice Training Program?
We’re always on the lookout for our next apprentice class.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Recently, apprenticeships are making a comeback, especially with the crisis of cost associated with post-secondary education. Why shouldn’t young adults get paid to learn their trade, helping to support their formal education? Why shouldn’t they have the opportunity to earn money WHILE learning, both through the classroom and through practical application?
At RoboSource, they can. We believe people learn best through doing, so we pair apprentices up with full-time software engineers to get a deep-dive into the world of custom software creation.
I gained four new computer languages, learned about different frameworks, and expanded my knowledge in frontend and backend programming. I had to refactor my entire resume to add in all the experience that I learned over the course of a summer. RoboSource changed my life more than I can even explain.
How does it work?
- Applications open in October for the following summer. Students can apply on our RoboSource Careers page. Final choices are made early in spring semester.
- New apprentices are slowly integrated into RoboSource culture over spring semester.
- In early summer, apprentice training days start. Students spend several days in intense training, then are on-site for the rest of the summer, working full-time.
- When school is in session, some apprentices are chosen to work part-time remotely.
- Apprentices can work for RoboSource for up to three years during school, gaining valuable real-world experience and getting paid to learn.
Read stories about how RoboSource has changed the lives of past apprentices
We Work With:
- College students pursuing a computer science or related degree
- Those looking to expand into a second career later in life
I am incredibly thankful for the people that invested their time both professionally and personally to teach me and grow me as a software engineer. I know these are people that genuinely cared about the growth of the next generation of developers.
Read more about the resurgence of apprenticeships in America:
- Why are apprenticeships a good idea that have never really taken off in the U.S.? (Washington Post)
- What’s old is new again: Apprenticeships (Yakima Herald)
- We need more women in tech. Could apprenticeships bridge the gap? (World Economic Forum)
- Apprenticeships have risen 64% since 2010. How should policymakers support them? (Forbes)
Want to learn more about what life is like as a RoboSource apprentice?
Why is an Apprenticeship better than an Internship?
- A phone app that helps apprentices in other industries track required trainings and request assessments
- An exhaustive web application that runs client care through billing and quoting for a medical company
- A text-parsing tool that “reads” transcripts and pulls the data into an organized format
- And many, many more!